For Immediate Release
Miami Lakes, FL – Shadows And Teeth, published by Darkwater Syndicate, will be the first volume in an annual horror anthology showcasing original stories by some of the best writers in the genre. The book is a collection of ten terrifying tales from an international team of authors as varied as the stories themselves – an executive producer from Los Angeles, California, two authors from the U.K., the “Queen of Croatian Horror,” and two talented student authors from Msgr. Pace High School, just to name a few.
Headquartered in Miami Lakes, the award-winning publishing house believes in the power of a good story. In the short time since its inception, Darkwater Syndicate has earned several awards coast-to-coast, including the prestigious Royal Palm Literary Award (2014 and 2015) and the Pacific Book Award (2015). The company focuses on unique literary experiences. The new book, which launches on April 30th, is the publisher’s first collaborative effort of this magnitude.
Each yearly volume of Shadows And Teeth will contain around ten stories and will be available in paperback, audiobook, and e-book format across all platforms. This year’s volume features a foreword by Miami-based veteran author, Ramiro Perez de Pereda (Forgotten Spaces, The Many Deaths of Cyan Wraithwate).
Volume one of Shadows And Teeth presents the following stories and authors:
Water, Ice, And Vice, by Antonio Simon, Jr.
– Revenge is a drink best served chilled: Jeremy’s new apartment harbors a demonic wish-granting fridge, which he uses to exact bloody vengeance on his obnoxious roommate.
The Dinner Party, by Trevor Boelter
– A dinner party devolves into a massacre when the blood flows as freely as the wine.
Routine, by Mia Bravo
– Edward’s life is neat and orderly, just the way he likes it. It doesn’t stay that way for long once bizarre apparitions threaten to end his life, and worse – break his daily routine.
The Final Spell, by Mark Meier
– Ken, a modern-day wizard, risks life and liberty in pursuit of the ultimate magick. How far will he go to obtain limitless power?
Back Through The Mist, by J.S. Watts
– Police Sergeant Comberton’s investigation of a baffling murder strains her resolve to its breaking point. When the enquiry takes an otherworldly turn, she questions whether the past holds the key to her future.
Spawn, by Paige Reiring
– Assassin-for-hire Alice’s personality is so keen, it can kill. She’ll need every edge she can get when the hunter becomes the hunted.
“The Pied Piper’s Appetite, by Rich Phelan
– A competitive eater leads a ghastly double life in pursuit of a gruesome personal crusade.
Riana In The Gray Dusk, by Viktoria Faust
– A hastily taken photograph leads to a shocking revelation and a rare glimpse at a singular individual.
The Autobiography Of An Unsuccessful Author, by Brittany Gonzalez
– A one-hit-wonder’s search for inspiration blurs the line between reality and insanity, with horrifying results.
Crying, by Darren Worrow
– Vinny’s research into an urban legend about a haunted painting reveals more about himself than he ever dared to ask.